A Long First Day of the New Year

2 01 2009

1 a.m. on January 2nd. Continuation of January 1st for me. I partied too hardy at R & M’s place last night… well it was partying hardy in that our children were with grand parents and I was able to have adult conversations the entire evening, play a full game – even it was only Killer Bunnies – and eat and drink as much as I wanted. So I had one martini – it was a James Bond themed party and a few sips of sparkling wine to ring in the New Year.

I think we got home a bit after 2 a.m. and I finally rolled out of bed about 10:30 a.m.  I’m SOOOO lazy on my days off, and I often feel guilty about it because I rarely have days off that I get to just relax. And some days off are split with a work event in the evening or prepping for a Sunday school class or children’s sermon the next morning.
My in-laws brought our girls home around 1pm. It was nice to have them back. I actually do miss them when they are away. Although I get to sleep in as long as I want and we had two nights to ourselves. 
The first night we had a movie date night – where we redeemed the tickets I received as a birthday gift watching “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”. Excellent movie BTW. We also shopped for tile for our bathroom tub surround and came up with hopefully a great setup after much deliberation and compromise.
The second night was the New Year’s party. Traditionally we have brought our girls, as R&M are graciously accomodating and allow the entire family to join for a party. It was weird since it was the first time in a long time we didn’t have the girls for New Year’s. I figured out pretty quickly what to do with myself though!
Half of our small bathroom (main but small) is ripped up, gutted and there is now black waterproof paper up. Doug is hoping to put up the drywall tomorrow a.m. and get started on tiling. The only downside is not having access to the shower. I attempted to go workout at the gym I joined in December – and then due to weather and holiday schedules was not able to go more than twice. The gym was closed… Jan 1st… the biggest workout day of the year and they are closed? They normally close @ 10 p.m. and it was 9 p.m.
 I really was hoping to take a shower and pretty bummed by that. So I apologize to everyone I meet tomorrow if I stink, I’ll work hard on taking care of that before I leave the house. We bathed the girls in a large rubbermaid storage bin this evening. Hilarious! Ellie thought it was silly. Katie was eager to jump in and then was afraid to get in when the opportunity arose. In the end bathtime was a success and stinky girls were non-existent. Gma and Gpa didn’t bathe them the last two nights and brought them home to us saying *oops* we didn’t realize you wouldn’t have the bath tub accessible. 
Alright its 1:25 a.m. I need to stop talking and go to bed. 



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: